We take retreats here at The William terribly seriously, down to the last detail, as we know retreats require a substantial investment, not only in dollars, but in time and effort. Therefore, meeting your goals and objectives, that go beyond just providing you with a fun time, is crucial to us. The key to creating a fun and impactful team retreat is in the planning. There are many things to take into account when planning a retreat, but the following three decisions are critical to ensure success.
1. Identify Your Retreat Goals
Identify and communicate to us your desired outcomes and deliverables you are wanting to achieve.A team retreat can be designed to accomplish a wide variety of goals and outcomes, and we are absolutely ready to aid in any and all of it.
Scarlett Ramey, a business consultant is always ready to aid in any business retreat! Here are a few examples of what The William can provide at your customized retreat:
- Opportunities to work on and solve real business issues.
- Help leaders and team members discover their natural strengths and weaknesses.
- Offer a chance for leaders and team members to further develop their skills.
- Build, strengthen, and align relationships across a team.
- Create opportunities for team members to confront difficult topics that may be having an adverse effect on the team.
- Develop action plans to ensure learning, agreements, and changes transfer back to the workplace.
2. Determine Your Retreat Type
Determine what type of retreat will help you achieve your desired goals and outcomes. There are several types of retreats to choose from based on your needs, budget, and timeframe. We are all here to help you discover the right retreat for you.
- Organizational Development
- Team Interventions
- Team Development
- Strategy – planning process
- Strategy – issues approach
Action retreats come with a wide variety of activities to choose from such as river floating, customized yoga, hiking, cave tours, paddle boarding tours, horseback riding, and cooking lessons to name a few.
3. Appoint a Leader
Choose the right team leader to design and deliver materials, activities, and simulations that are aligned with your overall objectives.
We are here to work with you and your team leader to plan the event, select appropriate interactive tasks. This service will ensure that participants have a good time and leave the retreat with tools and skills they can apply in the real world.
Be wary of investing in an “off-the-shelf” retreat that doesn’t take into consideration the specific needs and outcomes of your team. We are here to customize your needs for results driven activities.